The SK Real Estate Group knows what it takes to sell a house. In any kind of market, property condition will determine its marketability. Homes that show well will absolutely appeal to more buyers and will sell faster and for a higher price. Our experience can help guide you in preparing your home for the market, taking into account how much is truly necessary to spend. Invite us in to discuss in more detail in what might apply to you.
In the meantime, please refer to our checklist below to help maximize your home’s appearance:
• Keep the lawn edged, cut and watered regularly.
• Trim hedges, weed flowerbeds, and prune trees regularly.
• Check the steps, walkways, walls and patios for cracks.
• Apply a fresh coat of paint to doors and windows with peeling paint.
• Clean gutters.
• Keep driveway and sidewalks clear of snow and ice.
• Repair and replace loose or damaged roof shingles.
• Repair and repaint loose siding or shutters.
• Add a few front door flower pots.
• Use high wattage bulbs in fixtures.
• Clean your house regularly.
• Remove clutter.
• Remove old wallpaper.
• Repair damaged walls and apply fresh coat of neutral paint to damaged or bold colored walls.
• Clean carpets and/or replace damaged carpets.
• Clean windows and repair broken windows.
• Clean and organize pantry
• Clean and declutter countertops
• Clean appliances inside and out
• Remove magnets from fridge
• Replace worn tiles
• Spruce up old kitchen cabinets with new knobs
• Clean and declutter bathrooms
• Caulk and grout bathroom tiles
• Put out fresh towels