BUYER SERVICES & THE HOME BUYING PROCESS
BUYER AGENT SERVICES
The typical real estate transaction involves at least two dozen separate individuals whose actions and decisions have to be orchestrated in order to perform in harmony and get a home sale closed. It is our responsibility as your agents to expertly coordinate all the professionals involved in your home purchase, and to act as the advocate for you and your interests throughout. From previewing properties to connecting you with lending resources and every detail in between, the SK Group is here to make buying real estate a dream come true for you.
The Buyer Process
- Choose a lender and get pre-approved.
- Meet and discuss with the SK Group.
- Analyzes your wants and needs.
- View homes.
- Make an offer.
- Negotiate on your behalf.
- Under contract/ratification
- Activate contingencies.
- Negotiate contingencies.
- Closing preparations.
- Settlement/home ownership
Questions to ask yourself as you prepare to purchase:
- What do I want my home to be close to?
- How much space do I need and why?
- Which is more critical: location or size?
- Would I be interested in a fixer-upper?
- How important is home value appreciation?
- Is neighborhood stability and priority?
- Would I be interested in a condo?
- Would I be interested in new home construction?
- What features and amenities do I want? Which do I really need?
Your criteria and priorities may change during the process but it’s good to start somewhere.
Make an offer:
Terms to consider when making an offer.
- Sales price.
- Earnest money-this protects the sellers from the possibility of your unexpectedly pulling of the deal and makes a statement about the seriousness of your offer.
- Contingencies: Home inspection, Financing, Appraisal, Home Sale, etc.
- Conveyances-the items that stay with the house when the sellers leave.
- Closing costs-it’s standard for buyers to pay their closing costs, but if you want to roll the costs into the loan, you need to write that into the contract.
- Home warranty-this covers repairs or replacement of appliances and major systems. You may ask the seller to pay for this.
- Settlement date.
With knowledge and experience, we will help you write an offer that is attractive to a seller while serving your best interests.